Being familiar with entering data into Kinabase will enable you to maintain an updated system, enhancing its usefulness for your users and ensuring that your reports and charts remain current.
- On the Sidebar, select the Collection you want to add a record to.
- On the top of the list of existing records that is displayed click the Add button.
- This will bring up a form containing all of the fields that have been set up for the Collection. Enter a value for all that are appropriate.
- Click the Add button to save your record in Kinabase. You can also select the Add another? option beforehand if you want to add another record straight away.
- If a field is required then you may see a warning if you fail to enter a value.
- From the Sidebar, select the relevant Collection.
- From the list of records shown, select the record that you want to edit.
- With the record selected, click the Edit button. This option will then present you with a form containing the existing data of the record chosen.
- You can now add data, edit existing data or remove data from each of the fields.
- If you remove data from a field that is required then you may see a warning if you fail to enter a value.
- Click the Save button to commit your changes to Kinabase.
Occasionally you may find that you have entered a record into Kinabase that you no longer need, have accidentally entered twice, or need to remove for compliance purposes. In any case, removing a record is easy.
- From the Sidebar, select the Collection that contains the record that you want to remove.
- Select the record from the list. Searching may help if you have a large dataset.
- From the options menu (⋯) select Delete.
- To continue with removing the record click Delete.
When you remove a record it is permanently removed from Kinabase entirely. Our support team do not have any ability to restore deleted records, so please use with care.